Third, second and finally the first place winner will be announced on Friday.
Brighten the season and show your holiday spirit by decorating your home or yard for a chance to win $500 in cash prizes.
This contest is open to all residents over the age of eighteen (18), non-profits, religious organizations, and businesses within Bernville borough and the housing developments on 3rd and 4th streets of Bernville, Pennsylvania only.
1. Entry applications must be received no later than 7 p.m. on December 15, 2019 to be eligible.
2. Four prizes will be awarded, in the form of check payment from the Bernville Area Community Library, in the amounts of $200, $150, $100 and $50; using private funds donated to them under the condition it be used for a Holiday Decorating Contest to help encourage people to visit the library and improve our community.
3. Judging will take place on December 19, 2019 starting at 6 p.m EST. or at a later announced date and time on www.cottoncandyhouse.com if delayed due to inclimate weather or unforeseen events.
4. Winners will be announced on the Bernville Area Community Library and the Bernville Cotton Candy House Facebook pages in addition to www.cottoncandyhouse.com.
5. Prizes will be available for pick up at the Bernville Area Community Library between December 21 through December 29, 2019 during normal published hours of operations. In the event a prize is not picked up during this time frame it will be forfeited without any future compensation.
6. A minimum of fifteen (15) registered and decorated properties are needed for the contest to take place. In the event of fewer than fifteen (15) registered and decorated properties the contest will be canceled and no prizes will be awarded.
7. Participants agree to have one or more photos of their decorated property used on social media and print media. Participants agree there will be no compensation of any kind for said postings or publications.
8. By entering this contest you grant the organizers of the contest the absolute and irrevocable right and unrestricted permission to use your name, likeness, image, voice, and/or appearance as such may be embodied in any photos, video recordings, audiotapes, digital images, and the like, taken or made on behalf of organizers or its partners. You also agree that the organizers have complete ownership of such material and can use said material for any purpose consistent with the mission. These uses include, but are not limited to, videos, publications, advertisements, news releases, web sites, and any promotional or educational materials in any medium. You also acknowledge that you will not receive any compensation for the use of such images, video, likeness, etc. You also hereby release and discharge the organizers, and its agents, representatives and assignees from any and all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with the use of your name, likeness, image, voice and/or appearance, including any and all claims for invasion of privacy, right of publicity, misappropriation or misuse of image, and/or defamation.
9. This contest is open to all residents over the age of eighteen (18), non-profits, religious organizations and businesses within Bernville borough and the housing developments on 3rd and 4th streets of Bernville, Pennsylvania only. (see map)
10. There can only be one entry per property parcel.
11. There is no entry fee to enter this contest.
12. This contest is not sponsored or endorsed by Bernville Borough or any elected official in any elected capacity.
13. Judging will be based on curb appeal as viewed from the street only. Judges will not enter the property to view back or side yards.
14. Participants should ensure that all lights, animations, and decorations are in place and activated, for the judging period.
15. Judges decisions are final.
16. All prize funds were donated by an anonymous donor to the Bernville Area Community Library under the condition that they be used for a holiday decorating contest.
17. The Bernville Area Community Library, the Bernville Cotton Candy House, or any individuals involved in organizing or administering this contest are not responsible for any accidents, injuries, expenses, or liability related to decorating or lighting your property or partaking in this contest. You assume all responsibility for your actions or lack there of.
18. Any organizations or individuals involved in the executing or the administering of this contest are exempt from participating in the contest or being awarded any prizes.
19. You are responsible for following any and all federal & state laws, and local ordinances.